Saturday 12 May 2012

Philosophy Friday - On a lighter note......

but still stitching/sewing related......

                                                                    

"I hate a woman who offers herself because she ought to do so, and, cold and dry, thinks of her sewing when she's making love. "   ~Ovid

Yes, THAT Ovid - the writer of at least three volumes of  love poetry, self professed expert in love and the man who described himself as " praeceptor amoiris"  or " teacher of Love " - well it seems that some female called his bluff !  (-:

 I  smile at  his use of the word " hate " - wow that gal must have been something else!  I would have loved to have heard her version of the story !

It's  an established fact that I am devoted to my art  BUT what man could be that dull or stuck on  himself that a woman could not be enamoured by his sweet charms or think of anything else in a moment of passion?  Jeesh ........Ovid, be damned !


No comments:

Post a Comment