Friday 27 July 2012

Philosophy Friday - Change can be good !








" All great changes are preceded by chaos"          
                      - Deepak Chopra  



Truer words were never spoken!   Chaos was the operative word around here this week beginning with a bit of a thermal meltdown in the old pc.  I've thrown enough money out the window on it in recent times, so I opted to invest in a new one.  On the way home with our new prize, the brakes on my car acted up. A one day repair in the shop turned into three and so it goes. I was also side swiped by a few other little glitches that rather drove me to distraction. It never rains but it pours.

One of my good buddies informed me that Mercury is in Retrograde as a way of trying to cheer me with a valid explanation for my misfortunes. I'm not really buying into that one but I do believe that fate has played a hand in things.

We are so often set in our ways and don't like change of any kind - it's a human trait that we all seem to share.  Change can be scary, challenging, and daunting . It takes us out of our comfort zone and can be frustrating and stressful, especially when we don't set out to seek the changes.

Whether we like it or not, it's a fact that change is the one constant in our lives and who we are as individuals is the grand sum of all the changes we've ever experienced. Therefore change is not always a bad thing is it?  It can be freeing, rewarding, and positive.  Change affords us opportunities to move forward, to be flexible and can offer a myriad of new possibilites we had not considered previously.  For me personally, this has proven to be the case.
The new pc has definitely been a learning curve for me but I am finding that is not necessarily a bad thing.  I am rather enjoying the challenges and I am beginning to see how this updated programming might open some new doors for me.  Out of chaos, does come change and that can be a good thing.
I've learned that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks and I think I am barking up the right tree!



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment