Saturday 11 August 2012

Alliance for American Quilts and My Spirit House


                                                              
                      Ghostly figure in the window from " The Spirit Lives Within "
                                                          
The Alliance for American Quilts, formed in 1993 has now undertaken a new name " The Quilt Alliance" which embraces a broader global outreach . The Alliance continues to grow and prosper, covering change and drawing on their vision for the future.
Their recent fund raiser and competition " Home is Where the Quilt is" was a resounding success this year and the entries were phenomenal.  Click on this link to see all of the entries and the fabulous winning pieces:

http://www.allianceforamericanquilts.org/projects/galleries/Home%20Is%20Where%20the%20Quilt%20Is/gallery/

Currently the home quilts are travelling around the USA at various galleries and quilt shows and then will be offered at auction on e-Bay from November 12 - December 10th 2012. 

I am proud to be a member of the Alliance, a most worthwhile organization and I'm even happier to contribute to their fund raiser this year.  To see my home quilt,  " The Spirit Lives Within" and hear my live artist statement, click here:

http://www.allianceforamericanquilts.org/projects/galleries/Home%20Is%20Where%20the%20Quilt%20Is/1-6-24F/The%20Spirit%20Lives%20Within

I would like to thank Vanessa Stevenson Marshall for
allowing me to re-create her wonderful Victorian girl, Mathilda.
I purchased the ghost face cab, created in polymer clay by Vanessa some time ago and when I dreamt up the spirit house, Mathilda was perfect for the girl in the window. However, due to size restrictions dictated by the Alliance, I was unable to use
the original cab.  Vanessa generously allowed me to photograph
the original, manipulate it in photoshop and print it out on
organza.  Thanks my friend for your spirit of generosity and
co-operation.




1 comment: